If you’re looking for a treat for mother’s day. These hit the spot. Super decadent chocolatey goodness but no processed sugar or lecithin in sight! They are also vegan and Paleo friendly. I have given you the basic recipe which you can use to play around with different flavours or you could just make the almond butter cups (pictured). I have a few other variations that I’m working on, which I will add as I make sure the recipes are blog worthy. Some possibilities are raspberry coconut and cacao rocky road, walnut butter cups, pistachio and mint or just the all time favourite coconut rough! Would love to know if you try any of them or if you make up your own creations! Let me know how you go!
Basic Chocolate Recipe
Makes about 12 mini sized chocolates and 1 portion of chocolate for the other variations.
1/4 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw cacao
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 – 4 tbsp. coconut nectar
1. Combine raw cacao, vanilla, coconut oil and coconut nectar in a small bowl and mix to combine until no lumps. Add coconut butter and mash together with a fork until forms a paste.
2. Pour mixture into mini or medium silicon/paper cupcake moulds (or if you have them, use chocolate moulds) and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
3. To serve take out of their wrappers/moulds and place on a platter. Nice with a warm chai or coffee or a glass of full bodied red wine.
Almond Butter Cups
1 portion of basic chocolate
3 tbsp. almond butter
1 tbsp. coconut oil
small pinch of Celtic sea salt
1. Divide half of the chocolate mixture between your chosen moulds. Make sure it covers the base adequately. If it is too thin the chocolate may break after it is set. Place in fridge to set.
2. In a small bowl mix almond butter coconut oil and salt together until well combined. Divide between the chocolate filled moulds, to cover the layer of chocolate. This is the middle layer that will be the filling.
2. Pour remaining chocolate mixture over the almond paste and return to the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
More Variations being tested, so watch this space!..
- Apricot and Coconut Bliss Balls (healtherella.wordpress.com)