Sweet Potato ChocolateTruffles
These truffles use the sweet potato chocolate ganache` in my previous recipe, with a few little changes to the ingredients. They make a great addition to any afternoon tea platter or a little after dinner sweetie. Wrap them up in a little foil and they are also a good pick-me-up to take to work! I am working on a paleo friendly version. I will keep you posted on my progress! In the meantime enjoy this version. Which may be a cheat but are super delicious for a little treat!
You can now find the recipe for the paleo and vegan version here.
1 cup sweet potato mashed (see method in sweet potato chocolate ganache` recipe)
200 g chocolate
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cacao and desiccated coconut for rolling the truffle balls in.
1. Gently melt chocolate in a metal or glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. You don’t want the water to be touching the bowl so put in about 1 inch of water. Set aside, once melted.
3. Add chocolate, maple syrup, honey, vanilla and coconut oil. Blend until combined.
4. Leave to cool, stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick enough to roll into balls.
6. Roll the ganache` into small bite sized balls.
7. Roll the balls in coconut or cacao.
8. Store in fridge for at least 2 hours. Serve straight from the fridge.
Posted on March 15, 2013, in afternoon tea, baking, Chocolate, Dessert, Dinner Parties and tagged Chocolate, Coconut, ganache`, paleo, Quick recipe, Sweets, Truffles. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.